Sunday, April 11, 2010

Talib Kweli and Jean Grae LIVE in Auckland


Yes! Finally... I've been a fan of Talib Kweli and Jean Grae for over 10 years and it was good to see them LIVE in the flesh at The Powersation in Auckland City, NZ on the 8th of April 2010.
From my perspective... the show was everything I had imagined. Jean Grae opened with a good selection of her catalogue, both old and new tracks with Mela Machinko as her backing vocal. The energy and persistance on stage was enormous! A real treat for seasoned Hip-Hop fans in the know.
Talib Kweli came out to "Say Something", that was the perfect way to start the Set in my opinion and went on to smashing the crowd with certified classics such as "Get By" produced by Kanye West, "The Blast" produced by Hi-Tek and "Never Been In Love" produced by Just Blaze to name a few. When he broke out "Over The Counter", a joint from the album "Liberation"... I just about pissed my self in exitement lolz! That's most definitely a personal favorite! The turn out surprised me to say the least, I didn't realize exactly how many people knew who he was down here... it's not like you hear him everyday on the radio, it's good to see how many people have been following the man throughout the years.
It was a real experience for me, the best performance i've had the pleasure to see since GangStarr 7 years ago... looking forward to seeing them again if they ever come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment